Rum & Honey Grilled Peaches
Recipe type: Dessert
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
3-4 Peaches, Halved & Pits Removed
1 Pint Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
½ Cup Dark Rum
¼ Cup Honey + Additional for Topping
¼ Cup Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1 Tablespoon Almond Extract
½ teaspoon Cinnamon
¼ Cup Almonds for Topping, Salted & Coarsely Chopped
2-3 Leaves Fresh Mint, to Garnish
1. In Large Bowl stir Rum, Honey, Brown Sugar, Extracts, & Cinnamon.
2. Add Peaches, ensuring liberally coated & allow to Chill/Marinate for 1-2 hours.
3. Pre-Heat Grill to Hot.
4. Lay Peaches face-down over the Grill for 4-6 minutes, or until exterior seared & Fruit is tender, basting with the Rum/Honey Marinade.
5. Remove Peaches from Heat.
6. Scoop Vanilla Bean Ice Cream into Bowl.
7. Immediately top with Grilled Peaches, a drizzling of the Rum/Honey Marinade, Chopped Almonds, dusting of Cinnamon & Mint Garnish.
8. Serve Ice Cream Cold with Warm Peaches.