Brown Sugar Shortbread
Brown Sugar ShortbreadBrown Sugar Shortbread
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl. By hand, stir in flour a little at a time. Dough will be crumbly, so dump it out onto a counter top or pastry board and work it together by hand until smooth. Pat or roll dough out into a rectangle that is about 1/2 inch thick. Cut into small squares, rectangles or diamonds (whichever you prefer). Arrange cookies on an ungreased baking sheet (I use parchment paper for easy cleanup) and bake 20-25 minutes in a preheated 325 degree oven until the bottom edges are just starting to brown.
Recipe notes: This recipe assumes you are using regular salted butter. If you choose to use unsalted butter, whisk 1/2 teaspoon salt (or slightly more if using kosher salt) into the flour before mixing the dough.
- What's New and Beneficial About Cabbage
- Health Benefits/ARTICHOKE
- 8 Excellent Reasons to Eat More Eggplants
- Possible health benefits of spinach
- Carrot Chronicles
- Hedge Woundwort
- Health benefits of Purslane
- Rose Hip / Rosehip
- Swiss chard
- Arugula Advantage
- Terrific Turnip
- Parleying Parsley
- 13 Health Benefits of Oranges
- Pomegranate (Punica Granatum)
- What Are the Benefits of Mandarin Oranges?
- What are the health benefits of medlar?
- What Are Cherries Good For?
- Jerusalem Artichokes: Health Benefits & Nutritional Properties
- Bilberry (Vaccinium Myrtillus)
- Health Benefits of Ginseng